Thursday, June 21, 2007

Prologue to an Adventure

I have gotten many requests from people to keep them updated on my trip through emails and sending photos. While I am incredibly appreciative of family and friend's interest in my adventure, I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with the many requests I've gotten. So, I decided to start this temporary blog where everyone can check in as often or as infrequently as they like. I hope to update it a couple of times a week with happenings along the way, as well as photos.

For those of you who aren't into the blogging thing, it really is an easy way to stay in touch. You can click on the comments link at the bottom of each post and leave me messages that I can respond back to. Be warned, those comments are public and anyone who comes to this blog can read them. I know most of you would never dream of leaving inappropriate stuff, but let's be honest here, I do have some dodgy friends . . .right Joey? I respond back to your comments in the same place; so check back if you leave any and want a response. Also, if you want to subscribe to a feed, there is a link at the bottom to do that as well. I use Google Reader for the feeds I want to read, that way I don't have to check individual blogs to see if new posts are there; I get notified of new ones through my RSS feed. You can use any of them you choose to.

So, I hope this works and we can all stay in touch over the summer. Obviously, I will still be emailing and answering those that I receive too. I'll miss you guys while I'm gone!

8 comments:

marc said...

I wanted to be the first to comment so. that take care of that.

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

you said RSS...

Loralei said...

what is rss?

Carrie said...

Marc: another first; nice work :-)

Terri: you like that tech talk don't ya . . . here's another, aggregator. Oh yeah, I said it!

Loralei: today RSS stands for Really? Seriously? Seriously? What were we thinking last night! It was like a 3 person frat party; I don't know why I think its a good idea to mix like that. Ouch!

marc said...

if you find yourself in vasta say hello to my family

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say "Have fun"... wish we could be joining you...

Carrie said...

Marc: what region is Vasta in? I would love to meet the original Diseati's!

Jeffe: I wish you guys could come over. Never say never; you know that wife of yours can be impulsive :-)