Friday, August 8, 2008

Traci’s in Roma!

My friend Traci, who married a guy from Belfast and moved to London 2 years ago, and I were chatting on Skype late one night and decided she needed to come visit me in Rome for a few days. I applaud her spontaneity for getting a ticket right then and there as we talked. She arrived on Monday and went back to London on Wednesday night. It was great seeing her, it had been almost 2 years, and we ate and drank our way across Roma; in fact, we broke the 5am mark after apperitivi at Café della Scala, a fabulous dinner with the BEST tiramisu ever made, drinks at Sperm Café, and Peroni’s on my patio. Now that’s something different, isn’t it!

Traci, Naz, and I at Della Palma, neither of them had been before. Their lives are so much improved because of my efforts to feed them Gelati goodness.

Oh. . .my. . .god!

in front of the Trevi. Yeah, I know, I missed most of the fountain.

creepy/disturbing store window near Piazza del Popolo. Its an artist's space. . . um, ok.

Ristorante della Scala makes the best Tiramisu ever. And I've got the recipe!

Sperm Cafe, for those of you who followed this blog last summer; Good Cafe to you new comers.
I looooove this stuff. Rumor has it, they are selling it at O'Connells now. That should ease the pain of coming home a bit!

3 comments:

LaLa said...

That's so great! Check out your tan!!

Yuuummm gelati!

LaLa said...

HAHAHAHAHA I remember sperm cafe. Sooo naaasssty!

Carrie said...

The Roman sun is brutal; that tan is even with spf 30 on my face! Can you say "skin cancer"? I knew you would remember Sperm Cafe. Traci was a bit hesitant to go when I told her the story. All was well, though. No errant sperms!