Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Allora. . . .

So I sit here at the airport waiting to board my flight back to the US. It is with mixed feelings that I write this last post. I am profoundly sad to leave Italy and everything, both good and bad, that comes with her. Locking the keys inside that flat and getting in the taxi was one of the hardest things I've done in a while. I find it interesting that Rome became home to me so fast; I really do find myself more intune with the culture and pace of life here. There is also excitement about returning to Virginia. I am looking forward to getting back to all my friends and family. While this has been the most amazing 2 month experience and I've made some great friends along the way, I have found myself missing you people. Who would have thought, huh ;-) And with that said, I would like to thank you guys for checking in periodically to see what nonsense was going on. I wasn't sure about the blog thing when it started, but it has been fun keeping you guys updated and getting all of the comments and emails in response. Who knows, maybe if I do end up moving over here, this blog will move from temporary to permanent.



Allora, its time to say "Arrivederci Italia e un presto!"
















































































"Ciao Virginia." My flight lands around 3pm this afternoon; and, because my summer vacation is not yet over, I think I will be at O'Connells drinking American style this evening, if any of you are up for beers. Yup, that's just how I roll. . . .haaaaaaa!!!!

Ciao ragazzi, molto birre, per favore!

4 comments:

LaLa said...

Woman you are funny, down to earth and inspirational!! Welcome home! Oh and give me a few tips on how you conquered the jet lag everyone has been warning me about. :)

Anonymous said...

Carrie,
Non ottenere sull'aereo!! Ho avuto una visione che rovinerà! Soggiorno a Roma. Trovarla me!
Senior Castra de Nostra

Carrie said...

Lala: thank you very much and thanks for popping in here to check things out on occassion. The jet lag is not too bad if you can sleep on the flight over. I usually try to get on the plane exhausted, eat dinner, then sleep (Dramamine puts me in a coma; I use it often). Don't be tempted by the stupid movies. When you land, check into your accommodations and then go out and see stuff. If you can stay outside in the sunshine, its much easier. I avoid taking a nap like the plague; it just prolongs the adjustment period. Stay up as late as you can, hopefully 9-10pm, then get up by 9am the next morning. Usually in that 1 day I am pretty much in sync with the new time zone. Good luck with it. Let me know if you are going to blog your trip; I would love to relive it through your experience!

Carrie said...

Castrated Nostradamus: that is the best name yet, heeheeehee! Alas, I did not read your warning until I was already back in VA. I guess your vision of ruin was for the woman on the plane and not me. Although, I am pretty cranky about being back.