Friday, July 3, 2009

The Algarve Coast - Tavira

Some pictures from Tavira!
where the magic happens in Tavira (again kidding, M and D)
huge living room with french doors to the garden
gigantic kitchen with a marble topped farm table. I tried to move it. . . impossible!

the garden with a giant window from my bedroom

more garden; its gorgeous

main street and more plastic garland. I´ve become a fan!

entrance to the riverside park

bandstand in the little riverside park

old Roman Bridge over the river that divides the town
water taxi to Ilha Tavira

walking from the water taxi to the beach

laying on the beach

walking back to the water taxi

The Algarve Coast, or what I’ve seen of it so far, is beautiful. The weather is ridiculously awesome, sunny days, strong ocean breezes, low humidity, and cool nights with lots of ocean air moving around town. My apartment in Tavira is also another winner; it’s huge. The garden is perfect for outdoor drinking, which I plan on doing a bit of. Tomorrow, my friend Lakisha, who I met through writing this blog 2 years ago, arrives from outside Philadelphia. She will be here through the 11th; after which, she goes to Lisbon and I, to Sevilla.

So, I’m off to the beach. It’s on its own little island that is gotten to by a water taxi. There are restaurants and little bars right there on the sand. Seriously, why am I ever going to leave! Oh, and I don’t have internet at the apartment; I have to go to the town hall to catch a wireless hot spot. So, the updates may be a little delayed until I get to Sevilla on the 11th. And I’m about to have a partner in crime. And, I’m busy getting a tan. And drinking caipirinha.

2 comments:

LaLa said...

So glad it's beautiful there. And not to be picky but it's Lakisha, hee hee. But I can see how drinking all that caipirinha could get in the way of your spelling! My friend Jen made that drink for me a few times...I have a feeling it tastes 10x better in Tavira. Yee Ha! A-GIDDY-UPA! See ya tomorrow.

Carrie said...

Sorry abt the spelling error. Typing a blog post on an iPhone without booze in my system is like splitting the atom in my world. Amagine if I was drinking . . . A-giddy-up-a indeed!!