Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Roma

So apparently when a flat in Rome is marketed as having DSL internet connection, it can actually mean it has a dial-up connection. This puts a kink in my blogging system. Uploading pictures is going to take a million years this way, so I am checking into using an internet cafĂ© around the corner to stay on top of things; I know it’s the pictures you guys are interested in!


Quick update: our final days in Tuscany were brilliant. We covered Siena, San Gimignano, wine tastings in the Chianti region, and many of the wine cellars in Montepulciano. There was nothing disappointing about that week. The people were incredibly friendly, the food and wine were amazing, and the views were show stoppers. I may even go back out for a day to have dinner with Steffi and Stefano. Why not? It’s only an hour on the train! I have been in Rome for 2 days. The flat is in a great location. It is a block from the Tiber River in the heart of the Trastevere. I’m surrounded by countless restaurants, caffes, wine bars, and markets on cobblestone streets. Walking out the door of my building, I’m staring at a cute piazza with the dome of St. Peter’s in the skyline and the best gelato in all of Rome ½ a block away. Very cool! It is a bit noisy until late at night, but I guess there have to be tradeoffs. If a bit of city noise is my biggest problem, I have no worries!
View from Castello di Brolio in Chianti region

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are having a good time. If you get a chance can you go down near the collosium and take a good daytime picture of the Aquaduct for my wife? When we were there we had to take a taxi at Mach speed and run from the collosium to get picture as the sun was going down...Well have a GREAT time and don't drink too much...

Carrie said...

Jeffe: Which aquadaduct, specifically, does she want? I'd be happy to do it!