Saturday, July 26, 2008

Recovery and Relapse

I spent all day Saturday and Sunday after Liz left recovering from 2 solid weeks or nonstop laughter, drinking, eating, and more laughter. I did some laundry, wrote a couple of blog posts, and watched English-language TV at my friend’s flat. But sobriety doesn’t seem to last long here.

Naz returned from Positano and we went out for a drink on Sunday, that turned into 2 bottles. Seriously??? Then on Monday we had plans to go to a restaurant near the Spanish Steps. That was all very sophisticated until the vino started. We finished a litre at the restaurant and then headed across the street to Enoteca Antica, the nice little wine bar Liz introduced me. You know the one with Gulliver/Massimo. . . Geedyuppa. And, yes, he was working again. And yes, I got him to say “geedyupa”. And yes, I had to call Liz in the States so she could enjoy the nonsense too. And finally, yes, we had at it until 3am when I crawled into bed oozing vino. Tuesday was a lost day to sleep and liver rejuvenation. I finally used the pool; it was the perfect day to just lay there, get a tan, and cool off in all 1 metre of water. It was actually very very niiiiiiiice!
Gulliver!

lunch on the patio

recovering beside the pool

5 comments:

LaLa said...

I have decided I can't let you have all the phone. When you get home we have to meet up for some foolishness stateside!

Carrie said...

You are so on! I say we meet in NYC and create mayhem for a joint blog post!!

LaLa said...

WOO HOO! It's on sister!

Loralei said...

How much do I love "GIDDYUPA!" That is milk out the nose funny...

Carrie said...

Lala: yaaaaay!

Loralei: I knew you would put the gold seal of approval on this one! Its endlessly funny.