Friday, July 4, 2008

Well that didn't take long

Being back has been insanely fun and also very surreal. Its like I never left or time just stopped and waited for me to return. The same beggars and freaks are all over my old piazza. Maurizio the lavender guy is in the same spot every night and even remembered me from last year (or he is doing a great job of faking it, probably more likely), Italian Brad Pitt is still wandering the streets of Trastevere in his hot suits, and Tony the light guy is still awash in his man perfume hanging outside his store working the ladies.

I’ve laid pretty low since I’ve arrived back, that is until last night. Naz got back from Nice so we met up for appertivo, dinner, and then copious wine in Campo de Fiori. She and her friends met a waiter there a couple of weeks ago, so we went to hang out in his cafĂ©. Four bottles of wine later (only 1 of which we had to pay for, yay for horney Italian men) we were staggering home at about 3am. Needless to say, today has been painful. For whatever reason, we decided to go on a hunt for the perfect Italian leather purse. We pretty much covered the entire city to no avail. I think I sweated out every drop of wine I ingested yesterday; so now I am replenishing it with some tasty Prosecco.

Tomorrow, we might head to Florence for the day. Man its good to have such choices!

Isola di Cinema. An outside cinema set up on Isola Tiberina just across the street from my apartment.

In Campo de Fiori after 4 bottles of wine. Yikes!

Inillio and Naz

4 comments:

Loralei said...

Prosecco. it's a white Lambrusco...nice, I knew I was an influence. Did you get a cheese ball to go with it?

Carrie said...

Haaaaa, funny you mention Lambrusco. I was in the grocery store looking for a red wine to buy when my eyes popped out of my head at "LAMBRUSCO". I started giggling and pretty much looked like a total nut job. I did not succumb to your evil influences; although, I did buy some cheese with black truffle. If I squish it into a ball shape, does that still count?

LaLa said...

I LOVE LAMBRUSCO!! And Yay for florence and free wine!!

Carrie said...

We didn't make it Florence, train tickets are way more expensive this year. But we did enjoy all that free wine!!!